Do you wonder how popular is PHP? well, that’s popular enough that it is being used by more than 4 out of 5 websites in the world. According to W3Techs, a company that collects information about the usage of various types of technologies used for building and running websites has revealed that 80.4 percent of the total websites in the world uses PHP.
A short list of top websites using PHP
How to find what programming language a website is using
The easiest way to find what programming language or content management system a website is using is by using add-on in your browser that will reveal the back-end as you surf
1. Firefox add-ons to discover the programming language of a website
2. Chrome extensions to discover the programming used by a website
3. You may also use online tools to detect the programming language/CMS/platform/framework on which a website is built on
1. If you wish to learn PHP you may visit W3Schools PHP Tutorials and learn for free
2. You may consider buying the best PHP books online from Flipkart.com or Amazon.in or Amazon.com
Your data is invalid. That is, unless you are counting every little word press blog Joe schmo has set up. Check this out in terms of the largest hosts and while you’ll find php is incredibly popular, it does not power over 80 percent of all websites hosted by said host. Supporting other environs wouldn’t even make sense from a business perspective if that were true. Your datasource is also known to be the least reliable in terms of browser usage.