Ubislate 7+ and Ubislate 7C launched
Datawind has finally launched the low cost Android device, Ubislate 7+. In addition with Ubislate 7+ the company has also launched Ubislate 7C, the high end tablet with some additional features. Ubislate 7+ is priced at Rs. 2,999 whereas Ubislate 7C is priced at Rs. 3, 999.
Specifications and Features
Both tablets features
* Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system,
* Cortex A8 processor clocked at 800MHz,
* 3200 mAh battery,
* Wi-Fi, GPRS,
* Phone and SIM functionality (Make and Receive Calls)
* USB 2.0 port for use of Pen Drives, 3G wireless modems and other USB 2.0 devices
* Memory card slot expandable up to 32 GB
* 800×480 Pixel Resolution
Difference between Ubislate 7+ and Ubislate 7C
While almost all the features remain the same among the two tablets, the difference lies in the type of the touchscreen and Internal memory.
* Ubislate 7+ has a 7inch Resistive touchscreen and 2GB internal flash memory, and is Priced at Rs. 2,999
* Ubislate 7C comes with 7 inch Multi-touch four point capacitive touchscreen and 4GB internal flash memory and is priced at Rs. 3,999
Datawind claims that both the tablets would offer upto 180 minutes of battery life. The company has also made tie-ups Yahoo, Indian Express, GetJar, InMobi and more. The tablets will also support some Indian languages including Tamil, Hindi, Marathi, Punjabi etc.,
Tie-ups and offer
Those who buy any of the tablet can avail 50% discount in annual subscription of offline version of Indian Express and Financial Express. The company has made Tie-up with Indian Express group and provides an application in the tablets that will let you read Indian express online. Datawind also has made tie-up with Yahoo to provide apps like Yahoo Homepage, Yahoo Cricket and Yahoo mail.
For customers who have pre-booked the Ubilate 7+ from the Datawind website, the shipmets have already started, said the company and will continue for the next few months before retail availability. The Ubislate 7C will be available from end of May.