Blogger posts sometimes show a 404 Page not found error and this may be due to one of the following reasons
1. You have deleted your blog post
2. Since you got too messy with your blog theme edit, you deleted your blog and created new blog with same name and imported your posts
3. You have saved the published post as draft and republished it with a new date setting and etc
So whatever reason it maybe, both people and search engines hate a “Page not found 404 error” , if there are lots of 404 errors, there is a chance that search engines de-promote your page ranking thus your traffic falls.
To avoid this, you can use the custom re-direct feature present in the new updated blogger interface
1. Go to your blogger dashboard and choose your blog
2. Go to Settings -> Search Preferences -> Errors and Redirection -> Custom Redirects
3. Click “Edit” -> “New redirect” and enter your old URL and new URL and click save and again save everything
Don’t enter the entire URL just enter the part that comes after your blog’s homepage URL i.e, after .com
It’s truly a great and helpful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.
sorry, but this not working it is not redirecting my url any help will be appreciated
Such a kind of information you provide about redirect old blog url to new blog url.
Thank you so much for share it. Keep continue.