Kobian Launches Low Cost Android Tablet – A Rival to Ubislate 7C
Kobian, a company that manufactures computer peripherals and tablets under the brand name “Mercury” has announced a Low cost Android Tablet at a price of Rs. 3,999. This tablet is an addition to the recent flooding of budget tablets in the Indian Market.
After Datawind’s Aakash, and Ubislate series of tablets many companies have entered the tablet market. Recently BSNL in collaboration with Pantel Technologies launched 3 tablets, among which the the Penta IS701R TPAD was the cheapest, priced at Rs. 3,250.
Specifications of iXA Tab
* It comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread Operating System
* 7 Inch Resistive Touch Screen
* 1.0 GHz Processor which is better than Aakash’s 800 MHz Processor
* 512 MB RAM (Aakash and Ubislate tablets has 256 MB RAM)
* 4 GB Internal Storage, which can be expanded up to 32 GB external memory
* 0.3 MP Front Camera
Although the iXA tab seems better than Ubislate 7C in Processor and RAM, it lacks Capacitive Touchscreen and Phone Functionality.
It is expected that Bookings will be open from May 23, but it is unclear since the company hasn’t revealed any details about the booking process and when booking starts
You may also like
1. Detailed Comparison between Ubislate 7C and BSNL Penta TPAD
2. BSNL’s low cost Android Tablet IS701R
3. List of Ubislate 7+ Apps and Datawind’s Partnerships
4. Ubislate 7+ and Ubislate 7C launched
5. Aakash 2 is set to launch in May with Capacitive Touchscreen